Monday, June 16, 2008

To Gabby

I know how sad you were yesterday, baby. You didn't say anything...and you didn't have to. Your friends were celebrating Father's Day with their fathers and you were remembering yours. Believe me, I understand what you are feeling. I lost my mother when I was 13 years old. The same age you were when your father passed away. I know it's hard. Especially when so much is going on in your young life...your sweet sixteen birthday coming up in just a few days and how you wish so much that your father could be there. I've been there too, baby.

Just know that though he left this earth, that he never ever left you. He loved you more than his own life...and he continues to love you in heaven.

I Love You,
Mom

1 comments:

June Cleaver's Revenge said...

(((((Gabby and Karen)))))

I'm sorry. I know y'all miss him.

It's nice to see you back though.