Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Playing catch up! UGH!

Gee, I haven't been HERE in awhile. Life just got in the way, I guess. Busy time and I'm sure most who have a lot on their plates can understand.

Anyhow, shooting for this fall for the official release of my book "Big Dummies, Volume 1" to benefit our local Komen Office. It is loosely based on my show feature "Big Dummy Award" that you can catch at 11:20 am weekdays on 97-3 The Eagle. I originally intended for it to be released this past spring, but had to put it on the back burner. We will begin shooting pictures for the book and cover next month and will hopefully have it all together by October. I am planning to have it available just in time for holiday shopping! :D

Okay, enough of my lamenting about being all behind and stuff. I asked my 22 year old daughter Laura to give me an interesting subject to talk about on my blog so I can take my mind off of my honey-do list. She says to talk about "pie." Pie??? What kind of pie? Apple? Cherry? Pie Chart? Pie in the face? Whut? She said talk about pumpkin pie. I said okay, I'll try. So here goes.

Ode to Pumpkin Pie

Oh...pumpkin pie,
You are so yummy!
But you remind me of Thanksgiving
And the deadline for Big Dummies.

Crap. Maybe next time, Laura.

0 comments: