Tuesday, September 23, 2008

So happy, sad, tired...and need prayers.

I haven't shared what's been happening in my life lately, but maybe it's time...since I found myself in tears in the boss' office this morning. Right now, my mind is so tired and is craving a day or two of silence, peace of mind, and sleep.

First, the happy part. My new baby grandchild was born at 7:55 am this past Sunday 9/21. Eight and a half pounds, 20 and a quarter inches long and full of dark hair. Her name is Emma Jean and she is just adorable. First child for my daughter Allie. I was in the delivery room. I was the first voice that Emma heard. Now Emma opens her little eyes whenever she hears me. Maybe she listened to my show in utero, I don't know...but it brings me to tears to know that she already knows who her Nana is. Allie and I were up for nearly 3 days straight. So...we're all very tired.



Happy part two. Another one of my daughters Laura was due to have her baby in a week. Well, due to complications of thyroid disease, she is in labor and delivery right now. Her son should be born sometime this afternoon. I'm still awaiting word and praying that she won't have any problems. :(

Now the sad part. My grandmother...the woman who raised me after my mother died...my sweet grandma who I let ride in the front seat of the Malibu...is in the hospital right now. She has been there since Friday. Congestive heart failure and pneumonia. My heart has been so broken. I have been alternating my time between two hospitals since Friday. Happy for the grandbabies, crying for my grandmother. The good news is, doctors were able to get the fluid off of her lungs. The bad news, we saw her heart doctor last night at 8 pm and he wants to perform a heart procedure this afternoon at 3 pm. It is a very necessary surgery. I'm worried. The good thing is, my grandmother is a very strong woman. She has been through so much and has been able to stand on her two feet. I'm just praying that the procedure goes well. I'm ready to bring her home.

Ginni's birthday is around the corner. I'm thinking about her so much right now.

And, I'm still fighting the flu and have been for about 3 weeks. I'm on my second round of antibiotics. Whatever prayers you can share...whatever words you can offer...I will gladly accept them. I'm on the air today and the tears are coming and going. The boss has said that I can go home if I need to...but right now, being with you...this may be good therapy. It was good therapy to get this all out in the open.

Thank you for letting me share.

Karen

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you! Congratulations on your new little one and one to be! positive thoughts! only positive thoughts!!

kimberly said...

Karen
Hang in there.....you are riding a high and low rollercoaster right now.
Good wishes,thoughts and prayers are to your grandmother, and congrats on becoming a grandmother, I know, there is nothing in the world like it.
You will wish you had them first.
:-)
thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Karen,
You, your grandmother, & your 2 daughters are all in my thoughts & prayers today! I know what it's like to have someone very close to you become very ill. I will keep the doctors & nurses that will be taking care of her in my prayers as well- that they'll know exactly what to do for her to make her well again. You're such a strong woman & I know that, no matter what, you're there for your family & they all need you right now. Remember that God WILL give you things that you are unable to handle alone but will NEVER give you anything that you can't handle with Him by your side. You're in my prayers today!

sarahepeyton said...

Hi Karen. Just know God's will will be done. I am prayin for you and your family. It is good to hear doctors were able to get the fluid off her lungs! My father passed away 7 months ago. He was a minister and he was just the greatest guy I know. He started this Bread Ministry thing 13 years ago and now we feed about 50,000 people a month. You will find that even though someone is really sick or has passed to the Lord, their essence is everywhere. I see my dad in everything. I think your grandmother is a very blessed person to have someone like you as her granndaughter. I dont know you personally but, the way that you speak on the radio you seem like an awesome person. My family will pray for yours. And I hope you'll drop a little prayer for us too..

God Bless,
Sarah Peyton

Anonymous said...

Karen, I will be praying for you because I do believe in prayers. Tomorrow will be 11 years that my son was killed by an 18-wheeler hitting his car. This is also a VERY hard day for me. I am tearing up now just telling you about it. My Mom had died just a few months before him and I was with her when she passed away. Then I quit teaching to take care of my Dad and he died in my arms in Dec. of 2004. That was all when I lived in MS and now I live here in Hampton. My only child, my daughter which in 27 lives here now and is married to a VA Beach police officer and they have been trying to have children. She has lost several early on. She told me yesterday that she was six weeks pregnant and we are all hopeful but yet scared also. So I do know kinda what you are going through. It's hard when I think about my parents not being here for me and then especially knowing that my son was just 20 years old and beginning his life but then I do know that God has a plan for us all and I will understand it one day. But today it is still have for me to understand losing him and can't see and hold him or hear him tell me he loves me forever and always.
But Karen, just remember, God never puts more on us than we can handle. Sometimes we wonder about that, I know I have but he has told us that and we must believe. May God Bless You and your family during this time. I listen to your every day.

Anonymous said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family! Congratulations on the babies!!! :) They are definitely GREAT therapy! :)
Hang in there. Everything happens for a reason!!! :)

Anonymous said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

kah said...

Hi Karen - My name is Karen too. I don't have a sister, but I lost my best friend of 15 years to her second battle with breast cancer and a year later lost my 29 year old sister in law to breast cancer also. I am not sure how many daughters you have, sounds like more than me which is 3, I knew you had at least 2. They are your world aren't they. The ones that keep you going; the ones that prove that life goes on. :O) They will be your strenght going forward Karen. They will be the ones to help you through your Grandma's illness. I so hope that all goes well with her today! I know how much grandma's mean to us also - an anchor to our past. You're in my thoughts today.

Anonymous said...

Listening to your show and praying for you. With all things God has a reason. Rejoice in the life that he has given your family! :) Hope your week gets better.

Anonymous said...

Karen,
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I will pray that God will give the doctors and nurses the knowledge and wisdom needed to heal your grandmother. You are right some times the best thearpy is our friends. Congratulations on your new grandbaby, they are a joy that just keeps on giving many years to come. Hang in there and always feel you can share you saddness with your radio friends. Never carry it alone. Hang in there, and hold your head high. You are a tough girl.

Radio Friend
Sharon

Anonymous said...

Karen just remember god only puts on you what you can handle. He must think that you a very stronge person. I know that you are I list to your show everyday while I deliver my flowers. My prayers are with you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Karen,
You and your family definitely have my prayers. And my blessings on your new arrival(s)! Remember that your radio family is always here for you, ready to help bear your burdens, and share in your joys. God's blessing will be on your grandmother and her doctors this afternoon as they do what is needed to renew her health. Keep the faith!
Blessings,
Cyndi

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen I heard you on the radio this afternoon and you sounded like you could use a good break from it all. Congrats on your new grand babies I just found out I will be a new grandmother in May I can't wait. You and your family will be in my prayers tonight. Remember to just keep looking up and stay faithful. The Lord only puts things in our lifes that will make us stronger.

Anonymous said...

I'm praying for you and your family through this difficult time. Stay strong! It's during these hard times that we grow and are made into the person we are made to be. Congrats on the little ones! I know they'll do great things with you as their grandmother.

Just know that God is with you (and your family) through all of this and He has His loving arms around you. He sees every tear that rolls down your cheeks and cares for you DEEPLY. Stay strong - much better times are in your future :).

Anonymous said...

God will never put you through something if you don't have the strength to overcome it.

Stay Strong Girl - you're an inspiration to us all.