Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Crap. I'm going to have a Merry Christmas...dagnabbit!

I've been hibernating in my Pink Ribbon room for the past few days. Thinking, contemplating, writing. It's been a pretty crappy couple of days.

This past Monday, I had 4 doctor's appointments. Just needed to get them all overwith in one shot. Didn't think much of them until all of the calls that pretty much told me that I am falling apart little by little. An arm here, a leg here, yada, yada, yada.

I had two cardiologists appointments to find out why I have atrial fibrillation. Well, my heart looks fine...that's the good news. Still have to take medication for potassium deficiency...and now I've been diagnosed with hypothyroidism. Okay, so I'm on Synthroid for the rest of my life. I can deal with it. I have to deal with that. I should have known. It runs in my family.

Well, the breast clinic called too. The compressed area in the right breast that was biopsied a couple of years ago doesn't look so great right now. I need more films done this Friday and more tests to find out what's going on. Good grief. Can I catch a break here???

The good news is, I KNOW I'm going to come out on top. I trust My God. I'm just going to do what I have to do and not worry. As my sister Ginni used to say, "Stay in today."

So, I'm going to have myself a Merry Christmas...and after this is all over, I'm going to have myself a great big beer...on somebody else's tab! Cheers!

0 comments: