Saturday, April 5, 2008

TAGGED! You learn something new everyday.

Today I checked my favorite messageboard "Gumbo Ya-Ya" to see if I had any shout outs. I don't usually get a whole lot of them, but today I got one from one of my favoritest posters "Cabana Boy."

He said, "I have tagged your blog for a meme. This is new stuff for me, so feel free to ignore it if you wish... but thought you ought to know so it isn't a surprise."

Well, the first thing I thought when I saw the word "tagged" was, "Tagged? What's that mean? Did I do something wrong? Did I write something obscene or something???" So I read through my thoughts again and saw that I had indeed written something obscene. "Wheatgrass juice!" That's right. The stuff that the Backstreet Boys claim is good for you. Then I thought, "Oh...mah...gawd! I'm going to blogger hell for that."

Seriously, I didn't know what being "tagged for a meme" meant and I wasn't going to come right out and ask Cabana because I didn't want him to think I was a dork. So I looked it up. It's actually something GOOD. Whew. I dodged a bullet.

So, in short, being tagged for a meme means: somebody likes your blog. COOL!

So it's my turn to tag those I blogs I love!

And here's how we say thank you for the honor:

1. Link back to the person who tagged you.
2. Post these rules on your blog.
3. Share six unimportant things about yourself.
4. Tag six random people at the end of your entry.

Well, I've done the first two already...so here's the unimportant stuffs about me:

1. I'm a packrat when it comes to memories. I save little things that remind me of good times. Like a receipt, a letter, a card, etc. And I put them in pretty little boxes. If I have a particularly sad day, I pull a box out of the closet and look through all of the memories.

2. Every time I color my hair, it comes out some shade of red. Doesn't matter what color I use. Doesn't matter if I strip it and start from scratch...it's always some shade of red. It's my destiny to be a redhead.

3. I'm addicted to Tru-TV. (formerly Court TV). Love Forensic Files, The Investigators, and the Case Files of Dale Hinman.

4. I can't even go to the bathroom without all of the pets following me! Seriously. They're spoiled rotten. They think I'm going to go somewhere without them.

5. If I knew he could win, I'd vote for Earl Hickey for President.




6. The big question going through my mind right now is this: "What the heck happened to Victoria Principal's face???"


Now, it's time to tag my faves!

DixiePeach She brings up some notalgia that triggers some happy thoughts!
Midlife Ramblings, Sanity Optional I can identify!
Adventures of the Coconuter He has been places I've only dreamed of going.
Because I Said So! The funniest mommy blog I ever read in my life!
Olga, The Traveling Bra Very uplifting.
Thoughts From The Corner Office My boss. He hasn't written much, but he's got good stuff! I look forward to his new posts. I know, I know...y'all think I'm kissin' butt. Normally, that would be true...but since he's my boss and has known me for years, the old kissin' butt thing don't work with him. Anyway, I have to give him even more kudos because his blog doesn't have any typos. You should read his memos, though. Those are murder!

So, there are my 6 for good readin'!

Thank you for the honor Cabanaboy I enjoy your Michael stories! Keep 'em comin'!

1 comments:

Tom said...

Just so you know, Karen... I had to the blogger who tagged me, Antique Mommy, what the whole tag/meme thing was about. It's all new to me!