Wednesday, January 30, 2008

She's just being "Gabby"

My daughter Gabby says the darndest things sometimes. She's like her mom. She thinks out loud and most of the time it's stuff that's waaaaaaaaaaay out there, ya know?

We were driving back from her Grandmother's house and out of the blue she asks, "Hey Mom. Can we be Methodists?"

I say, "We're Baptist. Why do you wanna be Methodists? Your friends Methodist? You visit the Methodist Church with your friends or somethin' and ya like it better?"

She says, "We Baptists only have Spaghetti dinners. That Methodist Church that we just passed back there is having a pancake dinner. I want pancakes. Can we be Methodist?"

I say, "What if I just ask our pastor if we can have a pancake dinner next time. Then will ya not jump ship?"

She says, "Okay, can ya do that? I just love pancakes."

I say, "Uuuuuuuuuh, okay."

She says, "Werd."

I guess I'd better call the pastor tomorrow so we can still be Baptists.

Added note:

I just want to thank God that my child is healthy and silly. I am so grateful. Please think about us and help us help the children at St. Jude during our 17th Annual Eagle/St. Jude Country Cares Radiothon and become a Partner in Hope. 1-888-270-HOPE. We want to win the war against childhood cancer!

Thank you.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

How cute and sweet!